Tuesday, February 28, 2012

L1.) My Super Bowl Sunday




Most people on super Bowl Sunday spend their day grocery shopping for every snack you can possibly imagine. They go home and they prepare their dips and finger foods, then they pull out every drink in the house. Then all their friends come over to get ready for game time. But, for me on Super Bowl Sunday I spent my day doing laundry and cleaning my room. Then, when everyone was watching the Super Bowl I decided I would rather watch the Titanic. What better way to spend the last day of the weekend before you go back to school, by watching a classic. While everyone was screaming downstairs about the score, I was upstairs enjoying a nice romantic movie with Leonardo Dicaprio. I much rather watch the Titanic then sit for a billion hours to watch a boring football game. In my opinion half time and all the commercials are much more enjoyable to watch then the actual game. I think that every year on Super Bowl Sunday I will make my own tradition and watch the Titanic. Another great thing about Super Bowl Sunday was that everyone was downstairs in our theater room, so I didn’t have to deal with my obnoxious brother that loves nothing more than to annoy every waking minute. While everyone was chowing down on appetizers as their dinner, I was enjoying a nice steak dinner. I much rather spend my Sunday being productive than sitting around a TV screen all night for a sport I don’t even enjoy. I don’t understand the people, who watch the Super Bowl when they have absolutely no interest in football, stop pretending and just do something you actually enjoy. I definitely plan to continue on my tradition for the years on. I will watch the Titanic every year and hopefully people will join me in the tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment