Monday, December 19, 2011

Best Holiday Ever!!!!

If there was one holiday I absolutely couldn’t live without it, it would have to be Christmas. Everything about Christmas brings a smile to my face. Just the fact that your whole family comes together to celebrate on that special day, just means everything to me. Not to mention every Christmas year my family and I each put forth the effort to dedicate something to the meal. Every year we like to switch up the main course and try something new. Like last year we thought Cornish Hens would be something worth trying. This year I’m pretty pumped because we’re going to be making prime rib, which is my absolute favorite thing. Then of course there are all the other goods like cheesy potatoes, rolls, salad and endless desserts. I really enjoy the fact that we don’t make the same meal every year and it’s not the typical ham and mashed potatoes. The food is not the only reason as to why I enjoy Christmas so much, the fact that you get gifts that you have been asking for all year long from not just your parents but your whole family. I enjoy receiving gifts, but I also take sweet joy in watching my family’s expressions when I give them a gift. Christmas day isn’t just my favorite day of the holiday; I also really enjoy Christmas Eve because we go to my mom sisters house for a gift exchange. Then we head to church for the six o’clock church service and after church we make our way over to my stepdad’s side of the family for dinner and exchanging gifts. Once the night is over we head home and await the anticipation of opening the gifts once morning comes. As much as I enjoy all the other holidays, Christmas will always be my number one.

No comments:

Post a Comment