Wednesday, December 21, 2011

If I Could Travel Back In Time To The 70's

If I could go back in time to any time period just to seek new adventures, I would have to go back to the 1970’s. Traveling back to the 70’s would give me the opportunity to try out different fads, and see what people did for entertainment at that time. Apparently during this time period people had pet rocks that came in boxes with little pieces of straw that came at the bottom of the box. I think it would very interesting to see how people interacted with these pet rocks compared to how they act with human beings. Platform shoes and jogging suits were also a big trend in fashion during this time period. Just the fact that everyone can wear jog suits and it be considered fashionable would be a dream come true, I would absolutely love to go around every day wearing jog suits and have people complimenting me. The platform shoes I believe would make for an interesting outfit which I’m always up for. Another adventure that I would come to face during this time period would be telephone booth stuffing’s, which is when a bunch of college students try to fit as many people as they can into telephone booths to achieve a world record. It was said that around 25 students were able to fit into the telephone booths and in order to do this people were trying to lose weight so that it would make room for more people. If I was to travel back to that time period I would have to beat that record. Disco music was just another great fad created during this time period and is the main reason as to why I would love to travel back to this time because just being given the opportunity to go out with friends and dance with huge froes would be an absolute blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment