Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bullied to Suicide



After reading the article and watching the clip on Jamey Rodemeyer’s suicide, I feel so disgusted. I cannot believe other students can make fun of a person for being different, to the point where they want to end their life. Jamey was so young, so it makes me really upset to see that a young boy committed suicide. I feel as though other student’s may have bullied Jamey because they have low self-esteem and don’t feel good about themselves unless their spending their time to make someone else’s life miserable. I hate how people think they can judge someone for being different; people weren’t born to all be beautiful, popular, and looked the same and acted the same there wouldn’t be any features you would like about that person because everyone would look alike. After watching the video clip on Jamey I agree with Lady Gaga that Bullying is a hate crime and needs to become illegal, because if not it will never end. If bullying doesn’t become illegal other kids form other schools will continuously be bullied to no end. Another thing that upsets me is that if you feel it’s okay to bully someone and feel no pity for the person, then you shouldn’t hide behind computers because obviously you just don’t care. I will never understand the thrill those kids got from torturing Jayme, and at the time they probably didn’t see any wrong. Those kids that continuously tortured Jayme will now have to live with his suicide for the rest of their lives. I just hope that one day kids can grow up and start feeling good about themselves for worthy reasons, and not because they were able to feel better about themselves by making someone else feel like garbage. I know this will not be put to an end unless bullying becomes a crime.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the points you made in this blog. I agree completely!

    ReplyDelete