Monday, November 21, 2011

Favorite Novel



My all-time favorite book as of now would definitely have to be The Last Song. I love everything about it; the plot, setting, and all the characters. Nicholas Sparks is one of my favorite authors, so just the fact that he wrote this novel makes me love it all the more. My favorite type of book is something involved with romance and heartbreak. Sparks does an amazing job of getting you to connect with the characters. This book is all about a young girl Ronnie, from New York, going to live with her father for the summer, along with her little brother, where she meets a guy; she ends up falling in love with. She starts to become that happy person she used to be, and gets back into playing the piano. The book comes to an end with her finding out her father has cancer, and there is not much time for him to live; the last days of his life, she spends finishing a piano piece that her father had started. I really like how the title describes the story perfectly. I absolutely enjoyed reading this book because it described real emotions, and things that happen in life. This book has the perfect characters, I really love how Nicholas Sparks made Ronnie resent her dead for moving, and then at the end she becomes closer to her dad, and ends up resenting how she took everything for granted and didn’t respect her father. Even, the details on how Ronnie felt when she met Liam, or when she found out her dad was dying of cancer were just brilliant and well written. I enjoyed being able to read this book, and feel a connection to it; this book had me balling my eyes out. This book was even made into a movie, staring my favorite person ever Miley Cyrus, so I was extremely happy about that. Last Song had me never wanting to put down the book, and that rarely happens for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment