Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thanksgiving Traditions



For thanksgiving some yearly traditions my family all takes joy in, is having the whole family come over to my house, and bringing the same dish every year. One of the biggest traditions my family takes part in, is sitting around the table before we eat going around the table and sharing what were thankful for. Every thanksgiving dinner we have turkey, ham, cheesy potatoes, salad, bread, and of course some kind of casserole. After we finish dinner, we go straight to cleaning, and then the best part of the whole night dessert. The desserts consist of apple pie, cheesecake, chocolate cake, and of course ice cream. Once everyone is finished eating we all join in for a game of catch phrase, then it gets more intense and we play scat, which is a card game and everyone puts in three dollars, at the end whoever wins gets all the money which happens to usually be me. When we’re not celebrating thanksgiving as a family at my house we go to New York to visit our second cousins. Every time we go down there, my cousins, my brother and I always go to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. All I can say is that if you have never been to a parade, then it’s one of those things you have to do before you die, because it always puts me in such a good mood. When were finished at the parade we head back to get ready to go to are great aunt’s for dinner. I must say they make the best food because my one cousin is a chef for bravo, and every time we visit she makes the best turkey, and cheesecake. When were all done eating my cousins and I enjoyed going down to the basement and playing some Nazi zombies. I hope these family traditions continue on as I grow older.

No comments:

Post a Comment