Wednesday, April 18, 2012

O2.) What's More Expensive Than College? Not Going to College

From reading this article I learned that there is a high rate of unemployment for youths in America. Many people are emerging from conditions of wide spread poverty and lack of access to most important means of education. Apparently in the Middle East and North Africa, youth unemployment has been stuck above 20 percent for the last two decades. Then those young people in south and East Asia are overwhelmingly employed in the agriculture sector, which leaves them vulnerable to poverty. Studies shown in the article that going to school is cheaper than not going to school. College graduates earn eighty percent more than those who do not attend school. Once I graduate from high school this year I plan on attending Fredonia State University in the fall semester of 2012. Once there I plan to major in Psychology and business. Once I receive my Bachelor degree I plan on going on to receive my master’s degree. College may not be for everyone but the profession I hope to pursue will require studying at college. If I want to be able to succeed and make good money than I need to suck it up and learn things about psychology and business that I didn’t know. College will give me the chance to study something that sparks an interest in me, so I don’t believe that it will be as bad as high school. In my opinion if you know there is something you want to pursue a future in and you know very little about the subject then I think it would be dumb not to go to college and further your knowledge. Unless you plan on marrying rich or winning the lottery then I would agree that people that go to college are more likely to make more money and avoid unemployment. Depending on the career you plan on pursuing if you don’t go to college and you apply for the job along with someone else the person who received a degree will be the one to get the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment