Monday, September 26, 2011

The Good Old Days

One of the best times in my life was when my mom and step dad surprised me with a vacation to Dominican Republic. I have to say it was one of the best times in my life; I got to go away to another country with all my family members, and all are close friends that are pretty much considered family. If I was sitting out by the pool soaking up the rays, I was at the swim up bar drinking Bahama mamas, and dirty monkeys. That wasn’t even the best part of the trip I got to go horseback riding for the very first time along the beach, and there was endless room service, which I must say made the trip amazing. There were shows every night for people’s entertainment, where I ended up meeting some cool new people who live in Lancaster. The great part of the resort we stayed at was that there were over 6 pools that had swim up bars, there was different women all along the beach if you wanted to have your hair braided, and there was a bunch of shops all aligned in the front before you entered the lobby. Whenever you wanted a nice fruity drink there was always a bar around for your pleasure. They had constant trolleys to take you from place to place. Every night there was a different place for us to eat at; there were Mediterranean, Mexican, seafood restaurants, and then there were different restaurants that followed along the beach. The best part of having a resort on the beach was that there were so many water activities to take part in; I went banana boating, kayaking, and even scuba diving. Another benefit to that trip was that I and my two brothers had our own room. That vacation was one of the best times in my life and every day I wish I could relive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment