Thursday, May 10, 2012

Q4.) Cultural Icon


At one point I had one specific icon that I absolutely adored. But, as time progressed I started leaning toward other icons. As of right know though there is no one I can think of that I can truly say I adore. Some people that I used to find as a cultural icon were people like Miley Cyrus and Rihanna. I love Miley pretty much just because of her show Hannah Montana and for going out there at such a young age and performing while setting aside whatever fears she had. I also loved Rihanna simply just because I love her music. There is not one song she put out that I don’t love.  Unfortunately, both of them had downfalls as time progressed. I found out that Miley Cyrus had done drugs and I was devastated. I idolized her and she just really disappointed me. Rihanna on the other hand I always found to be a strong woman and that’s what I loved about her. But when she was beat up by Chris Brown I felt terrible for her but she thought about getting back together with him. In my opinion what does that say for other women. No one should stay in an abusive relationship and that is why I could’t believe she considered getting back together with a person like that. In my opinion in order for a person to be iconic they need to be a role model, inspirational, and driven. People look up to others that they wish they could be like. From what I have seen on TV I don’t think people should idolize the cast of Jersey Shore. Don’t get me wrong I love that show, but you should not want to be anything like them. There habits are definitely not something people should want to portray. Overall, an icon is just someone who is a leader and determined to put everything they have into making it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment