Tuesday, January 24, 2012

J1. What A Hero Truly Is...

Hero is defined as ‘a person of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities. In my opinion hero has a lot more meaning than the definition displayed. To me a hero is one who puts themselves out there, not caring what anyone thinks, is a good remodel for those not put on the right track, and most of all is a leader that is strong-willed and sets out to accomplish the impossible. Madeline Koelbl, my best friend who I have known for years deserves the title of “my hero”. Madeline has always been there for me, through all my ups and downs she’s backed me up no matter what. I can honestly say that everyone needs a friend like Madeline Koelbl, she is sincere, smart, and motivated. Madeline is my hero because she is the best influence on my life, she has taught me that it’s possible to have fun and still be a hard worker. My whole life all I cared about was having fun and didn’t really care about my grades, but Madeline proved that she had time to hang out with friends and still work hard and get good grades. Her whole life she has been extremely motivated, she participated in several sports and excelled in all of them. Not only was she motivated to do her best, but in swimming she led other teammates to put forth all they had and to never give up. The greatest characteristic that Madeline possess is that she is not self-absorbed and puts others before herself. She is the best friend I could ever ask for because whenever I’m feeling down she is always there to help me get through it. I couldn’t ask for a better best friend, she always has my back and that is why I can call her “my hero”.

No comments:

Post a Comment