Thursday, January 26, 2012

J2.) Favorite Teacher K-5

When I was eight years old my family and I moved to Alden because we were building a new house. So I had the honor of attending third grade in the Alden school district. I didn’t spend much time in the school district so if I had to pick my favorite teacher from third to fifth grade it would definitely have to be my fifth grade teacher Mrs. Bishop. She was one of the sweetest and easy going teachers I had met since I moved here. When I was struggling with science she would stay after school with me and help me until I felt confident with the material. She was great at teaching and the best part was that she made it enjoyable to learn. We would spend time doing fun activities that would help us learn new material. Mrs. Bishop would never raise her voice, no matter how annoyed she would get with us and that truly made me feel respect for her. I remember she always made time for us to joke around and not always be serious but she made it clear when it was time to get back to work. I really liked the fact that she was extremely organized; she had a specific chart for lunches, a chart for those who did their homework and so on. I thought it was smart of her to teach those that did their homework that they would be rewarded with free time and those that didn’t even attempt to do their homework were not allowed to have free time. I thought that was a great strategy to get kids to realize that they need to do their work in order to be rewarded. I also liked the chart that if you did your homework for a certain amount of time she would give you a ticket that said one free get out of homework card. The fact is she was a good teacher and at the same time was fun and nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment