Wednesday, March 28, 2012

N3.) Trayvon Martin

After watching the video on the Trayvon Martin shooting I have to say that I find it extremely hard to believe that George Zimmerman shot the boy in self-defense. Hearing the call between Zimmerman and the police made it clear that when the police told him to stay in the car and not to follow Trayvon that it was in the best interest for the both of them. I believe that if George Zimmerman was to of stayed in the car like he was told then there wouldn’t have been a problem. The fact that Zimmerman thought the kid looked suspicious seems crazy to me. He mentions in the phone call that Trayvon looks like he is up to no good and on drugs or something. He then goes on to say that he is walking around and looking about. I didn’t know that it was a crime to walk around your neighborhood and look at your surroundings in a sweatshirt and jeans. I believe that Zimmerman realized the boy was black and suspected that the he didn’t belong to the neighborhood so automatically jumped to the conclusion that Trayvon was ready to start problems. From what I have heard it sounds to me that George Zimmerman took matters into his own hands and shot Trayvon before anything could even happen. Trayvon Martin had not been armed so I don’t understand why George would think it was okay to follow the boy around and shoot him dead. He says that the boy had assaulted him, but I find that hard to believe. There was proof that the boy was on the phone and was most likely unaware that Zimmerman was even following him. This video just makes me believe even more that Zimmerman is a racist and couldn’t believe that a colored teen dressed in what he was wearing could ever afford to live in this neighborhood. If George was really that worried for his safety he should have stayed in his car and waited for the police to take care of the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment